What is a Money Smart Partner?
A Money Smart partner is an organization that actively participates during Money Smart Colorado with the approval of the Jump$tart Colorado. Organizations are considered partners upon agreeing to one or more of the following:
- Provide educational materials, instructors, or a seminar for consumers
- Provide facilities to host events, sponsor events or promotional materials
- Leverage resources to publicly support or endorse Money Smart Colorado
Partners are expected to provide leadership, communicate internally and externally, possess or acquire general financial literacy knowledge and be committed to the Money Smart Colorado program. Current partners include businesses, financial institutions, schools, libraries, not-for-profits, government agencies and the media.
Partners are able to post their activities for free to an online database of events. In addition, partners receive access to marketing materials to help promote their events.
Benefits of Partnership
By becoming a Money Smart Colorado partner, you’re lending your voice to the other organizations and individuals in Colorado who believe in the importance of financially literate citizens. This awareness initiative provides all of us with a greater avenue to promote the good work in financial education being done across Colorado, and involve more people. Partners simply need to schedule an event, program or activity to take place during Money Smart Colorado, and promote it to their target audiences. Partners also have access to a suite of marketing materials and promotional items to help promote their activities.
Money Smart Colorado partners are expected to adhere to the following guidelines:
- All workshops, seminars and activities must be educational in nature and relate to improving knowledge of personal finances, from basic savings tips to advanced money management strategies. Sales pitches and/or commercial marketing are strictly prohibited.
- Most workshops, seminars and activities should be free and open to the public. Private events will be included for appropriate audiences such as students, employees and professional groups, but in turn might not be publicized as part of the public event calendar.
- Implement, as able, additional marketing and/or promotional strategies for their individual events to secure attendance numbers. Promotional packages will be given to partners to help with media efforts.
- Appoint a representative to manage your own Money Smart Colorado activities and to attend any planning meetings leading up to the event (if needed).
- Provide vision, leadership and general direction to third-party sponsors/presenters.
- Submit Money Smart Colorado event information via the on-line database.
- Complete and return measurement package including attendance numbers for all events, partner surveys, participant surveys, photos, media clips and samples of any other promotional materials used during the campaign.
Becoming a Partner
To become a partner, click here.
Dates to Remember
Here are the dates you won’t want to forget for 2013:
- January 17 – Money Smart Mixer
- February 22 – Last day to register for the free Marketing and New Media Seminar
- February 28 – Marketing and New Media Seminar
- March 1 – Begin promoting your event and Money Smart Colorado! Printed marketing materials will be sent to you after this date.
- April 18 – Kick-off reception and dinner
- April 20 - 27 – Get out and participate in Money Smart Colorado activities!